Thursday, January 26, 2012

Structural Experience - Session 4 & 5

Releasing the pelvis

I did not make a post after the last session as it has continued to unfold in my body over the past few weeks. Session 4 was the inner thigh and posterior (or back) attachments to the pelvis.  I have the strangest sensations now - I can feel the space between the uppermost part of my thigh.  I did not know that I never felt it before; but I sure feel it now!  These two sessions have brought up emotions for me that I can't quite put a name to, nor do I feel I need to.  I feel my gaze moving more and more inward and realizing that I have been very neglectful.  So much of my focus has been on others and things happening outside of myself that I have forgotten to take care of myself.  Session 4 brought me back inside myself and session 5 made me look at myself.

Session 5 focuses on releasing the abdomen and the attachments to the anterior (or front) of the pelvis along the pubic bone.  My abdomen is extremely tight as I tend to hunch forward in a defensive posture.  It was really stuck in my lower abdomen.  It felt so good to have it worked.  The specific work to the pubic bone felt amazing.  It was so releasing, I could really feel the lengthening. 

      
The psoas work was the most profound.  The psoas muscle attaches from the front of your lumbar vertebrae (the lowest on your spine) to the edge of the top of your femur (the large bone in your leg) and one section attaches also to the front of the pelvis.  Having the length of the muscle worked so deeply was almost indescribable.  I felt pressure, then nothing as if I was in a void outside of everything as if I was the Universe itself.  I could feel my connection to anything and everything.  Nothing mattered, everything was calm, peaceful.  I have never felt more alive and more free than I did in that moment.  It has taken me almost 5 days to put words to my experience.  Put simply; I became my soul.

I can't wait for the next experience...

No comments:

Post a Comment